Wednesday, May 9, 2007


Hey everyone! I figured that I should make one last post from Israel. I have had a great experience and have been extremely blessed by the program and how so many people continue to encourage and support me as I prepare for ministry. Here is a picture from a while back when we were in Petra. Here is what I am up to for the next few weeks. Tomorrow morning I will take my last final exam and on Friday morning I leave on a bus for Egypt where I will spend a week seeing Mt. Sinai, Cairo and the temples in Luxor. When I return I will spend a week volunteering at a Christian ministry in Nazareth called Nazareth Village. It is a reenactment village that allows tourists to see and experience what life in the first century would have been like. I am not exactly sure what I will be doing but it will probably involve some type of maintenance on the buildings and grounds. After a week in Nazareth I will return to the States and begin work as a Chaplain at Cook Forest and Clear Creek State Parks in Pennsylvania. I will also be taking a few classes over the summer and doing a lot of studying and sermon preparation as I will be giving a message each Sunday in the two different parks. Thank you all for reading along with me. I will probably still post thoughts and pictures here from time to time so you may want to stop back in a month or so.

Grace and Peace to all of you!

3 comments:

susie said...

Justin:

thanks for the great pictures. I'm done tomorrow too! Yipee! Enjoy Egypt and the rest of your travels. Stay safe and we are looking forward to seeing you soon. Susie

HaleyLaRae said...

Justin, I have been living vicariously through you this past semester just as I said I would. I have followed your every move via your blog and have loved every word! Blessings on the days you have left in Israel, as well as your summer ahead in Pennsylvania! See you at Gordon-Conwell in the fall!

Trooper said...

Justin,
Great pictures, I'll have to show Ian your blog. I just received your info in the last week. He'll be thrilled to read it.

Eric Weller