Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sights of the Old City

A man wearing Jordanian (red) colors.
Cleaning and selling local produce. A busy spice shop.
I have no idea what this stuff is!
A woman purchasing flatbread.
A cobbler working on this man's shoe. The inside of the dome of the Holy Sepulchre. Previously I was not able to get this picture because of the bright light coming in the center but I played with my camera settings a little bit and was quite pleased with the result. The dome was recently replaced and the inner design was created by an American Christian through a design contest. The view almost looks like a drawing and interestingly it really looked that way today when I took the photo. In reality the rays of light are three dimensional and suspended from the ceiling of the dome.


2 comments:

Missie said...

Beautiful photos Justin! It's always great to get new updates from you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the sights of the Old City. Great photography work on the dome! I wish I could visit that spice shop!